Hi there. Fancy seeing you here. No but honestly, thanks for sticking around, I missed you guys a lot. It’s so hard keeping everything you think in your head.
So I’m back (woohoo)! And I don’t plan on up and leaving like that for a long time because, well, that sucked. However, don’t let that misguide you to think that I am back and better than ever. If anything, I’m probably a thousand times worse because the only thing I’ve written in the past four months(?) are college essays and I can only hope that they’re as good as I need them to be.
Anyway, what have you guys been up to? I hope y’all have been good! I was thinking I’d update you on what’s been going on in my life so you could feel like you’d been along for the ride all along.
- I wrote my SAT! It was pretty good; I got a 1500(!!) My essay was kind of trash but it’s fine because none of the colleges I’m applying to require it.
- I applied to three colleges! It was honestly so stressful, my school was taking ages to upload the required documents, they literally did it the day of after me constantly pestering the principal. I think I can get in? I don’t know but I would absolutely die if I did.
- I did really good in my midterms! I think my average was 90% which was such a relief because I didn’t think I’d studied enough, what with my SAT being the day after those ended. Thank the lord I did good in both.
- I’m currently at my paternal grandparents’ place in Bombay for Diwali (happy Diwali to whoever is celebrating) and I’ve been reading so much? I’ve finished I think three or four books since Saturday which is the most I’ve read in
- . If you want to know which, friend me on
- (I’m not above shameless self promotion)!
- One of the books I read had an Indian protagonist and it made me so happy. I’ve never read a mainstream YA book with an Indian protagonist and it was such an experience being able to relate to a lot of the things she was feeling. Honestly, representation in media is so important.
- I’ve been so busy with college stuff that I didn’t even realize I was neglecting so much of the other shit in my life.
- There’s only a couple months left of school and it’s bittersweet. I don’t want to say goodbye to everyone but I also really want to go to college.
- Speaking of, that means I’m moving in a couple months. I’m gonna leave everything and everyone I know to move back to the US which really sucks but I know it’s going to be great. Logically I know that I’ll drift away from everyone but I really don’t want to. I want to keep my loser friends.
- My dad already moved there, back in September. It’s been hard but we VC him constantly. The other day my sister and I were dancing and my dad could hear the music through the phone. All of a sudden he started dancing too and it was so so much fun. The three of us dancing together like there wasn’t an entire ocean between us.
- I have my informal graduation on the 17th! I’m so so so excited, it’s going to be the most fun ever. I’m going to go buy a dress today so wish me luck!
- But there’s been so much drama surrounding it and I would lay it out for you but that would take me weeks so I shall not. However, I will tell you that it was stupid and dumb and illogical.
- We have our annual day coming up and we have no clue what we’re going to do which is a little irritating because it’s our last year! There’s been drama for this also, most of which is intermingled with the grad drama and it’s all mainly because of one unnamed person who I thought was a good person but is actually kind of a dick (he wanted a group of us to apologize because we’d joined school before the New Kids who joined only in 11th) (so unreasonable).
- I’ve gotten really into Jeremy Zucker. Guys, he’s this amazing, awesome, I-die musician. So much talent, such good music. Go listen to him. Oo, also listen to Bleachers. Just fabulous.
- I’ve been watching the Office and honestly, it’s the greatest, now I get the hype. It’s so funny and cute and amazing. Borderline offensive humour but it’s okay. Jim and Pam are my goals dude. Also, Doug Judy from Brooklyn 99 is in it and I completely lost it when I found out. Go watch it!
- I really want to get into documentaries because I find them so fascinating but I have no clue which to watch! If you guys have suggestions, please tell me!
- I’ve been watching a lot of dance videos even though I can’t dance and they’re so fascinating! I mean how do they move their bodies like that! I think my absolute favourite dancer is Sean Lew, he’s my age but so! Much! Talent! I think I have a crush on the guy, dude. And his duets with Kaycee Rice are so fabulous! They’re so cute. love it when I stumble on a duet between these two; they were so good on World of Dance, they should have won (I say stumble on like I don’t search obsessively).
Oh wow. Okay, this ended up being way longer than I had intended. Kudos if you reached the end! Anyway I love y’all and I hope you have a good day!
PS: I can’t promise that I’ll post too soon or regularly because I really actually haven’t written a proper poem or story that I’ve liked in a long time. But I’ll give it my best because I’ve had these ideas coming to me in the past few weeks! Wish me luck, see you soon!