Hey, you guys!
I haven’t posted in ages, ha, my bad. And I wish I had a legitimate post for today to make up for my unplanned hiatus but I do not and instead, let’s sit and have a chat. What is up with you guys? What new things have you done in the past couple of weeks?
I haven’t been Productive with a capital P, but I like to think I got some stuff done. So here’s a sort of life update?
- I’m trying to start writing longer pieces which has culminated in an effort to try writing a 10,000 word story which I’m only 2.9k words in. Disappointing but it’s the longest I’ve done! Improvement! What’s the longest piece y’all have written? Any tips? I would love some!
- Downsides however are that I have not in the least been able to write anything other than this story. I am blanking, nil, zilch, zoop.
- I started going jogging instead of to the gym. The thought of going to the gym alone unnerved me to a terrible extent and anyway, jogging takes less time and it’s more fun! I’m! Being! Fit! Look at me!
- I started learning Spanish again! I’d dropped it in the middle, God knows why, but I’ve started again and I just love it so much. Yo gusto espagnol. Languages are my jam. Also I really want to start Italian? It’s such a pretty language.
- Earlier my parents were scared to send me abroad for undergrad for I’d be too young and I wouldn’t be able to take care of myself, the normal parent things BUT now they’ve completely changed their minds because for the field I want to go into i.e., publishing, colleges outside India are much better in terms of quality and opportunities offered. So I’m writing the SATs! I dropped math after 10th so now I have to self-study portions from 11th grade which is hard, but I think I’m managing.
- I think I found my dream college! Emerson College in Boston offers a BA in Writing, Literature and Publishing which is abso-freaking-lutely perfect! I am actually so excited (about my future?! What?!)! And when I lived in the US, I lived pretty close to Boston so my old friends will be around there! I’M JUST SO FLIPPING EXCITED, I WANT TO GET IN SO BADLY!
- However, the thought of leaving sort of scares me? New place, new people, making new friends? I want to start over but it’s scary. The thought of not having pani puri and dosa at a walkable distance, my friends, my family. Not having Hindi radio stations, Bollywood films in theatres, my home.
- Twelfth grade started on the 14th and I’m already stressed out but oh, well. I need to ace this year; it’s the only one that counts.
- I did good in my finals! 93% in History, hell frikin YEAH!
- I feel like I’m feeling a little overwhelmed? With college and last year of school and trying to make my life be A-okay, I just need holidays. Speaking of which, I’m going to my grandparents’! And then to camp! Which will be fun hopefully!
- Guys, I am addicted to Dynasty. It’s the best show ever, I binged its 17 episodes in three days, I think it was. I absolutely love it, I recommend.
I love you guys and I can’t wait for my selective writer’s block to leave xx