If I had a daughter
I would teach her
To love herself
The world won’t
Can I say ‘Preach’?
Do what you love…bake burnt-ish cookies, write fragmented poetry and unfinished stories, sing a little off-key, play the guitar slowly and clumsily, and braid your hair (forgetting a few strands.)
Because, life is for enjoying, not perfecting.
Wear what you want. Graphic tees or long skirts. Blazers or high heels. Dresses or jeans or sweat pants. That shade of red lipstick that makes you feel empowered. That headband you’ve had since you can remember.
Because, life isn’t about fashion trends all the time.
Learn about what interests you. Famous celebrities, the capitals of the world, economic growth, or the Guinness world records. Learn about Joan of Arc, or Mayan civilization. Learn how to dance the waltz, or how to make a arrangement of flowers. Learn how to file paperwork, or how some stars are farther away.
Because, the unconventional things are worth your time.
Be yourself, heavenly and devilish.
Even though I hadn’t met love yet, if love had wandered into my homeroom, I would have recognized him at first glance. Love wore a hemp necklace.
I would have recognized her at first glance, love wore a tight French braid.
Love played acoustic guitar and knew all my favorite Beatles songs.
Love wasn’t afraid to ride the bus with me.
And I knew, I just must be searching the wrong classrooms, just must be checking the wrong hallways, she was there, I was sure of it.
If only I could find him.
The day the flowers
In the vase died was
The day everything
Felt okay for the first
Time in so long.
Hey! How y’all doing?
I’d like to thank The Girl With Iron Wings for nominating me, she’s an absolutely amazing human being, whose posts are brilliant, and you guys need to check her out. She’s so nice and so good, aah.
So, the rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (Optional but highly recommended!)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply put a link to this post on your blog.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it)!
Today, a boy came
Up to me and told me
One of my best friends
Was a slut.
I don’t think I’ll ever
Talk to him again.
So after a very very long time, Ebe and I have FINALLY gotten down to doing a collaboration post(!!)
(QUICK STORY: We decided to do one about a year ago but then it got too dragging and we kinda had this huge fight so I got pissed and figured none of us wanted to finish it and deleted that story. Ironically, that story was ABOUT us fighting wow.
(Moral: Don’t write stories about fighting with your bff))
What a strange way to start. But I wholeheartedly agree.
But… We’re here now so!!! We’ve decided to do the “How Well Do We Know Each Other Challenge”. How this works is that we’ve come up with a bunch of questions that we’re going to answer about each other and once we’re done, each of us will send the other the CORRECT answers. My answers will be in normal font while hers will be pasted in italics.
Prescript (Is it bad I don’t know what a prescript is?): I should do pretty well, considering I know her pretty damn well (I think) let us see, girl
So lets get straight into this: